Please find below a sample blog post written for a local carpet cleaning company website:-
Regular carpet cleaning can increase the life of your carpet and improve the appearance, but more importantly, carpet cleaning can actually improve the health of your family. The medical research is quite clear on this if anyone in your home suffers from asthma, allergies or snoring, it is vitally important that you regularly clean your carpets! Vacuuming carpets every day or at least every other day is also an important part of keeping your carpet clean and protecting those with allergies. But, even with regular vacuuming, your carpet will still become dirty and perhaps mouldy and smelly over time. So, to clean your carpet properly, at some point you will have to use a professional carpet cleaning service. Please read on below for the main reasons you should consider having your carpets professionally cleaned:
- Professional cleaning removes dirt trapped in the carpet fibres – carpets retain dirt such as pet hair and dust deep in the fibres which can lead to bacteria growth and toxic gas. Professional carpet cleaning will kill these bacteria using specially formulated cleaning chemicals then remove them with powerful vacuums.
- Carpets that are not regularly cleaned can get carpet dust mite infestations and these microscopic creatures can be easily inhaled which will aggravate many common allergies. Many professional cleaning companies use a steam cleaning process which will kill the dust mites due to the high temperatures. Dust mites and other microscopic organisms are difficult to remove through vacuuming as they are found deep within the fibres plus they can easily be dispersed into the air. The presence of these organisms not only aggravate existing allergies, they are though to actually cause allergic reactions and various flu-like symptoms. Professional cleaning penetrates right through the carpet, killing organisms and removing particles too small for you to see.
- Regular professional carpet cleaning extends the life of your carpet. Dirt and soils are abrasive and vacuuming does not fully remove them. Deep cleaning reduces carpet wear, keeping them fresh, extending the carpet lifespan and saving you money in the long run.
- Carpet cleaning will not only help to remove bed bugs, dust mites and other nasty infestations – they also leave you with a fresh atmosphere in any room with no stains or smells! Professional carpet cleaners can clean dirty carpets and remove any nasty stains to get your carpets looking as good as new.
- Even the smallest amounts of water in your carpet can cause it to start growing mould and mildew! Mould feeds on wet materials and the particles that cause mould growth are almost always present in the atmosphere. Once mould starts to grow, it can be extremely difficult to get rid of it just by vacuuming and using an over the counter antibacterial spray. Mould spores from the carpet can release into the air and then can cause or contribute to numerous health problems, ranging from serious and life-threatening allergic reactions to cold or flu-like symptoms such as a runny nose and headaches. Any moisture in the carpet can provide a perfect breeding ground for mould spores and only a thorough and professional carpet cleaning can ensure that all liquids are extracted from the carpet to prevent mould growth.